Glow, Little Glow Reese
Reese accidentally cracked open a little glow stick he was playing with today. He asked if he could pour the liquid out into a jar. The glow stick was labeled “Non-Toxic” so we thought that seemed like a fun idea. He got a pair of scissors out and was cutting up the glow stick so he could more easily get the liquid out when we heard him yell, “Oh no!”
When he cut the little stick the top went flying. He happened to be standing at the sink in the master bedroom. You could just barely see a couple of liquid dots on the carpet glowing faintly. That is until I turned out the lights and we saw this:
I don’t think we have to clean it up because you can’t really see it with the light on and that stuff will probably stop glowing in a day or two right?
Then Reese pointed out that he thought he might have gotten it on his face as well. If you look closely you can see, sure enough, he did.
We turned off the light again. Somehow we were so amazed by the carpet that we had missed this!
Awesome! I hope it is permanent!
The moral of the story is that if you let your kids play with strange chemicals fun things will happen.